- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Italian Recipes
- Awesome Bruschetta Chicken (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Awesome Bruschetta Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 04/21/2015 - Bruchetta is one of those delightful Italian appetizers that I love to make at home. If you don't have gluten-free bread on hand, or just want to make a heartier meal, try this recipe for bruschetta chicken.
Chicken is grilled, then simmered in the oven with fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, and Swiss cheese in this tasty low calorie, low-carb delight.
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless, pounded ½-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion salt
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Swiss cheese slices for topping
In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Stir in the basil, garlic powder, onion salt and tomato.
Season with pepper to taste. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken in the skillet and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side,
Cook chicken on the grill or in a skillet until golden brown outside and no longer pink inside.
Remove from heat and place in broiling pan.
Spoon the bruschetta over the chicken. Top with swiss cheese.
Broil the chicken just long enough for the cheese to melt.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).