- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Grilled Southwestern-style Chicken (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Grilled Southwestern-style Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 04/28/2015 - This recipe delivers every time. Make an easy marinade in the food processor or blender. Marinate the chicken overnight, and toss it on the grill to make a winning lunch or dinner entree.
- 8 chicken thighs or 4 chicken breast halves, on the bone
- Marinade ingredients
- ½ large yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- Juice from 1 lime, or 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 handful cilantro leaf, as desired
Put all marinade ingredients in the blender or food processor and liquify.
Put marinade in a gallon-size zip lock bag and add chicken pieces. Turn a few times to distribute marinade.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours I leave it for about 10 hours. Remove chicken from marinade and place on hot grill.
Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked. and juices run clear when poked.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).