Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free French Recipes
- Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Chive Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Chive Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 04/09/2015 - This easy delicious sauce blends butter, brandy, chives and parsley with Dijon mustard.
Simply brown pork shops in a pan, then top finished chops with warm sauce for a memorable entreé.
- 4 large boneless pork chops, extra thick
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Sprinkle pork chops with with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon each oil and butter in large skillet.
Brown chops quickly over high heat on each side.
Remove skillet from heat.
Transfer browned chops to oven-safe dish and cook at 350 degrees F, until no longer pink in center—about 20 minutes or so.
Put the skillet back on the heat.
In the pork chop skillet, add chives, lime, brandy, parsley, sugar and mustard, and whisk constantly for 15 seconds.
Whisk in broth. Whisk in remaining butter and oil.
Cook, stirring until sauce is smooth.
Remove sauce from heat.
Plate the finished pork chops and pour sauce over each one.
Serve immediately. Add rice and salad for a great gluten-free meal.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Grilled Salmon with Creamy Mustard Sauce (Gluten-Free)
I'm a person who appreciates a meal that looks and tastes fancy, but which comes together quickly and easily.... [READ MORE]