- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Healthy Gluten-free Skillet Nachos
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Healthy Gluten-free Skillet Nachos
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 08/04/2015 - Both health nuts and nacho lovers will cheer these three-cheese nachos! They are the perfect game day snack, or a great addition to any barbecue! They are easy to make, and come together in a single skillet for easy prep, serving and clean-up.
- Tortilla chips, enough to fill your skillet
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup pinto beans from can, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Queso Fresco or Cotija cheese, or a blend
- Green onion, chopped
- Sweet onion, chopped
- Tomatoes, diced
- Black olives, sliced
- Avocado, chopped
- Cilantro, chopped
- Jalapeño, sliced
- Sour cream
- Salsa of choice
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Spread half of the tortilla chips into a cast iron skillet.
Layer half of the cheddar and pepper jack cheese over the chips.
Top with half of the beans.
Add the remaining chips, cheddar cheese, jack cheese, and beans in that order.
Finish with a layer of cheese.
Place skillet in oven and Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and top with crumbled Queso Fresco.
Serve warm, and top with choice of diced tomatoes, black olives, avocado, cilantro, jalapeño, green onion, sweet onion, and sour cream.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).