- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Chinese & Asian Recipes
- Stir Fried Shrimp with Peppers and Sweet Chili Sauce (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Stir Fried Shrimp with Peppers and Sweet Chili Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 08/27/2015 - Here's a great twist on standard vegetable stir-fry that will elicit smiles around the dinner table. Serve it with steamed jasmine or white rice, or with our Really Good Chinese-style Fried Rice.
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into small wedges
- ½ green bell pepper, de-seeded and sliced into small wedges
- ⅓-½ cup sweet chili sauce
- ⅓ cup cashews, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- fresh cilantro sprigs, as garnish
- 2 limes, cut to wedges, as garnish
In a large, wide skillet warm the olive oil over moderate heat.
Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add sesame oil and peppers and sauté about 1 minute or so.
Add the shrimp and sauté about 3-5 minutes until shrimp are pink and cooked though. Remove from the pan. Drain away any liquid in pan.
Add the sweet chili sauce.
Cook until warmed through. Add more chili sauce, as desired.
Top with some cashews, cilantro and fresh lime wedges to taste.
Serve with rice.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).