- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Creamy Golden Mushroom Chicken (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Creamy Golden Mushroom Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 10/15/2015 - This chicken blends creamy mushroom soup, sour cream, sherry and paprika for a risk, yet subtle flavor that is sure to please.
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup OR about 1½ cups of Chantarell Mushroom Soup
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, cooked down, with pan liquid
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup cooking sherry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place chicken breasts skin-side up in a large baking dish.
In a medium bowl combine soup, mushrooms with liquid, sour cream and sherry.
Mix well and pour over chicken.
Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 350 degrees F for about an hour or so, until chicken is cooked through and tender, and juices run clear.
Adjust sauce thickness with water or corn starch, as desired or needed.
Serve over rice, potatoes, or gluten-free noodles.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).