Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers (Gluten-Free)
Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 10/22/2015 - Quinoa is one of those gluten-free grains that are packed with nutrients and fiber. But quinoa on its own can be a bit dull. This recipe features quinoa blended with garlic, onion, cumin, diced tomatoes spinach and beans, and stuffed into red bell peppers and roasted for a flavor-packed gluten-free vegetarian delight.
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes, drained, with juice reserved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 14 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ carrot, grated
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Arrange bell peppers in greased baking dish.
Roast peppers until tender, about 30 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and stir until soft and clear.
Add garlic, cumin, salt, and black pepper to onion; cook and stir about a minute, until fragrant.
Add tomatoes, chicken broth, quinoa, and carrot into onion mixture.
Cook about 10-12 minutes until quinoa is tender.
Stir black beans and spinach into quinoa mixture.
Add extra tomato juice if quinoa mixture is too dry.
Spoon quinoa mixture into roasted red peppers and top with Mexican cheese blend.
Bake in the oven until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Slow Cook Southwest Chicken (Gluten-Free)
I've been learning to love one pot, slow cook meals lately, and this southwest-inspired chicken dish is one of the results.... [READ MORE]
Perfect Holiday Mashed Potatoes (Gluten-Free)
Every holiday season, I field questions about the best way to map mashed potatoes.... [READ MORE]
Vegan and Gluten-Free Creamy Purple Potato Pasta Salad
This is the perfect dish to bring to a potluck lunch or dinner.... [READ MORE]
Potato Salad (Gluten-Free)
As a kid, my mother always served the same store-bought potato salad.... [READ MORE]