- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Brazilian & South American Recipes
- Peruvian Fresh Red Chili Salsa (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Peruvian Fresh Red Chili Salsa (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 11/19/2015 - Pebre is like a Chilean version of what Mexicans call pico de gallo. This mixture of chile peppers, onions, garlic, cilantro, and sometimes tomatoes, can be found on almost any table in Chile. It is commonly served with bread and butter.
Pair this version with your favorite toasted gluten-free bread, and you’re in business.
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium ripe tomato, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons red chile pepper paste, to taste OR 2-3 tablespoons finely minced fresh red or green chile peppers
- Juice of 1 lime
- ⅓ cup cilantro leaves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chop onions, tomatoes. Mince garlic and peppers. Put ingredients into a bowl and mix. Serve at room temperature.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).