- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Chinese & Asian Recipes
- Slow-Cook Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Slow-Cook Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
02/25/2016 - This slow-cook chicken marries chicken, garlic, and tomatoes, with Sri Racha Rooster Sauce and a bit of creamy peanut butter to deliver a rich, tasty dish that's a snap to make.
- 8 pieces chicken drumsticks and/or thighs (about 2½ pounds total)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons Sri Racha Rooster sauce, as desired
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, as garnish
Remove skin from chicken.
Mix all ingredients in a large slow-cooker.
Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10 hours until chicken is tender.
Chicken should be tender enough to come right off the bone.
Serve over rice, and topped with sauce from the pan.
Garnish with chopped cilantro, as desired.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).