- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Crunchy Gluten-free Fish Sticks with Tangy Dipping Sauce
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Crunchy Gluten-free Fish Sticks with Tangy Dipping Sauce
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 02/16/2016 - Whether for a special treat for kids or as a special snack for grown-ups, these DIY fish sticks are baked for a more nutritious alternative to frying, and sure to please.
- 1½ pounds fresh tilapia, or other firm white fish fillets
- 1 cup Rice Chex cereal, finely crushed
- 1 fresh egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 small dill pickles
- 2 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- Lemon wedges
- Kosher salt and black pepper
Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil.
In a shallow bowl, combine the crushed Rice Chex, oil, paprika, half the parsley, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
Crack egg into a separate bowl and whisk.
Cut the tilapia diagonally into 1½-inch-thick strips.
Coat fish in egg, then cover with Chex crumb mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere.
Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and cook until golden brown and opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes.
While the fish is cooking, in a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickles, mustard, and remaining parsley.
Serve the fish with the dipping sauce and lemon wedges.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).