- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Mustard Pork Chops with Smashed Potatoes and Peas (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Mustard Pork Chops with Smashed Potatoes and Peas (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 05/13/2016 - Meat and potatoes turn corners when served with a tangy sauce of gluten-free mustard and rich sour cream. Add your favorite vegetable and beverage of choice for a perfect meal.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 pound medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 scallions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free brown or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- kosher salt and pepper
Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover and bring to a boil.
Add ½ teaspoon salt, reduce heat and simmer until tender, 12 to 15 minutes, adding the peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
Drain and gently smash together with the scallions, 2 tablespoons butter, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Season the pork with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
Move cooked pork to plate.
Add the wine to the skillet and simmer, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the mustard and spoon over the pork. Serve with the smashed potatoes and peas.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).