- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Indian and Middle Eastern Recipes
- Baked Chicken with Honey and Balsamic (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Baked Chicken with Honey and Balsamic (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Honey and balsamic vinegar make a great marinade for baked chicken. Photo: CC--Jules
Celiac.com 06/09/2016 - This is one of my favorite basic chicken recipes. It's one of those super easy to make, yet big on flavor. Balsamic vinegar and honey anchor olive oil and spices to deliver a moist, delicious baked chicken that is also gluten-free! I like to prepare the marinade the night before so it's ready for dinner the next day.
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Beat balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, thyme, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and rosemary together in a bowl until smooth.
Pour marinade into a resealable plastic bag.
Season chicken thighs with salt and black pepper; add to marinade in plastic bag.
Squeeze bag to remove air and seal.
Marinate chicken in refrigerator for 2 to 8 hours.
Heat oven to 375F (190C).
Pour chicken and marinade into a baking dish.
Bake chicken about 40 minutes, until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).