- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Hawaiian-style BBQ Shrimp (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Hawaiian-style BBQ Shrimp (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Grilled shrimp make a great snack or meal. Photo: CC--Eugene Kim
Celiac.com 05/25/2016 - Want to hit a home run at the next cookout? Mayonnaise is the key to this recipe, which delivers tasty, tangy golden shrimp that are sure to leave lots of empty plates, and plenty of thankful smiles.
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Sri-Racha Rooster Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pinch garlic salt, and/or ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Thread shrimp onto skewers.
Heat outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
Season both sides of shrimp with garlic salt and black pepper.
Generously coat both sides of shrimp with mayonnaise and Sri-Racha mix.
Cook shrimp on heated grill about 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until they are bright pink on the outside and opaque on the inside, and the mayonnaise turns golden brown.
Serve with lemon wedges.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).