- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Italian Recipes
- Fresh Peaches with Prosciutto and Balsamic (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Fresh Peaches with Prosciutto and Balsamic (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Peaches, prosciutto and balsamic anchor this great dish. Photo: CC--T.Tseng
Peaches offer a great way to switch-up the traditional Italian favorite of prosciutto and melon.
- 4 large, ripe peaches, sliced
- 8 slices of prosciutto, sliced thin, and cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Wrap slices of prosciutto around sliced peaches.
Place on a platter.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Serve at room temperature, or chill briefly.
Option: add a dallop of fresh burrata and a few mixed greens!
Option: grill peaches until warm, prepare as above.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).