- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Endive with Goat Cheese, Bacon and Pomegranate Seeds (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Endive leaves make a simple, but tasty and elegant appetizer. Photo: CC--Karen and Brad Emerson
Celiac.com 09/22/2016 - These simple endive appetizers will have your guests screaming "fancy!" while they happily make the plate disappear. Endive leaves and a few simple ingredients turn out one of the easiest, tastiest, most elegant appetizers.
- Endive leaves
- Goat cheese
- Bacon, crisp
- Pomegranate seeds
- Balsamic vinegar
- Roasted cashews, pecans or walnuts, optional
Heat a broiler.
Place endive leaves in a pan and top with goat cheese and crumbled bacon.
Place pan under broiler for a moment until cheese begins to melt a bit.
Remove and top with pomegranate seeds and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Garnish with nuts, as desired.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).