- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Chinese & Asian Recipes
- Asian-style Tuna Salad (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Asian-style Tuna Salad (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
If you're looking for gluten-free, low carb and delicious, try this tuna salad. Photo: CC--Gary Denham.
I've been eating more protein and less carbs lately, so this was a perfect addition to my lunch routine. It also happens to be deliciously gluten-free.
- 10-12 ounces of canned albacore tuna in water, drained
- 8-10 small radishes, cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- wedges of sweet lime, as garnish
Mix sugar into rice vinegar until dissolved.
Place the drained tuna, radishes, shredded carrot, garlic, ginger, chile, vegetable oil, dark sesame oil, and rice vinegar in a large bowl.
Gently toss to combine.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate until serving.
Serve chilled with lettuce and topped with cilantro and green onions. Add squeezed lime as desired.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).