- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Donut Recipes (Doughnut)
- Spicy Donuts (Donut Maker Needed - Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Spicy Donuts (Donut Maker Needed - Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipes comes to us from Melissa Boucher.
1 ½ cup gluten-free flour mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon allspice
½ cup oil ( or ¼ c oil and ¼ c applesauce or pumpkin puree)
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup boiling water
Mix dry ingredients together. Add oil ( and fruit puree if reducing fat) and mix well. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add buttermilk and water a little at a time to the mix. Bake in preheated donut maker coated with gluten-free cooking spray. Bake 3 minutes. These may also be baked in a sandwich maker--but bake 7 minutes.
Same as above but eliminate cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Add ½ c cocoa and follow above recipe.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).