- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Pudding Recipes
- Plain Rice Pudding (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Plain Rice Pudding (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Lisa McKinney.
½ cups milk
½ cup sugar
½ cup rice, washed and drained*
½ cup water
1 teaspoon rosewater or orange blossom water
½ cup blanched slivered almonds for decoration
Bring the milk and sugar to the boil. Add the rice, mixed with the water, and stir until it comes to a boil again. Turn down the heat to a low simmer and cook gently until the mixture becomes very creamy which will take approximately 45 minutes (Add a little more milk during cooking if necessary). Add the rosewater or orange water, stirring until bubbles appear on the surface. Remove from the heat and cool slightly, then pour into a bowl and refrigerate.
Serve chilled, decorated with slivered almonds.
*Be sure to use Watermaid rice. You can leave off the almonds if you like.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).