- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cookies #4 (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Chocolate Chip Cookies #4 (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This came to me from Lisa S Lewis.
Pre heat oven to 375
½ cup white
½ cup sweet rice
¼ cup potato starch
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon salt
½ c sugar
½ C Brown sugar
1 Cup margarine
12 oz chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
Combine flours and other dry ingredients. Cream shortening and sugar. Beat in eggs. Add vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Stir in chips. Drop by round teaspoon on an un-greased sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.
(I came up w/this recipe, experimenting with the ingredient list from the gluten-free Pantry mix. Theirs are good, and a lot easier to make, but I wanted to be able to do it from scratch to save money. I make mine nondairy by using the excellent chocolate chips made by Barat (health food store). If I cant find those I use Ghirardelli brand.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).