- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
- Coconut Macaroons #2 (Gluten-Free)
Coconut Macaroons #2 (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I created The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
Preheat oven 350º
- Two 7 oz. packages of flaked coconut (~5 cups)
- One 14 oz. can eagle brand condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoon almond extract
In a large bowl combine coconut, condensed milk and extracts; mix well. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto generously greased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 min. or until lightly brown. Immediately remove to cooling rack. Optional: drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).