- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
- Gingerbread Cookies #2 (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Gingerbread Cookies #2 (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Kathryn Przywara.
¼ cup dark molasses
1 cup light brown sugar
3 cup gluten-free flour mix*
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup water
Sweet rice flour for rolling
Cream margarine and sugar. Beat in molasses. Sift dry ingredients into separate bowl. Stir into creamed mixture alternately with water. Mix thoroughly once everything has been added. Dough should be soft and will be sticky. Refrigerate dough for at least one hour. Using sweet rice flour, roll portions of dough on plastic wrap or parchment paper to about ¼. Cut and decorate as desired. Bake in 350F oven for 8-20 minutes depending on size. Cookies should just be getting browned. Bake longer for crispier cookies. Cool slightly on sheet before removing to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).