- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
- Masa Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Masa Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
½ cup salted butter, softened
3/8 cup brown sugar, packed
3/8 cup granulated white sugar
1 large egg
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup instant masa de maiz (The masa flour is finely ground hominy normally used for making tamales or corn tortillas, and is available wherever Mexican staple ingredients are sold)
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt (optional)
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1 cup (6 ounces by weight)
Beat butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla until fluffy. Add masa, soda, and salt; mix well. Stir in the nuts and chips. Roll the batter into balls about one inch in diameter or slightly larger. Bake on un-greased cookie sheets at 375 degree for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for several minutes before you transfer them to a rack to finish cooling. They will fall apart if you try to transfer them too hot, and they will stick if you let them cool completely on the cookie sheet.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).