- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Pie & Pie Crust Recipes
- Cranberry Apple Crisp (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Cranberry Apple Crisp (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Andrea R Howe.
medium Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 can (16 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce (ocean spray)
¾ cup sugar
2 Tablespoons gluten-free flour mix
¼ cup nuts, chopped
1 cup almond flakes (crush by hand)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup gluten-free flour mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
Vanilla ice cream or whipped topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 375. For filling place apples in 9x13 baker. Combine cranberry sauce, sugar and gluten-free flour: mix well. Pour cranberry mixture over apples, toss to coat evenly. For topping, combine nuts, almonds, brown sugar, gluten-free flour and cinnamon. Add melted butter to ingredients, mix well. Sprinkle topping over fruit mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes or until fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping if desired.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).