- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Birthday Cake #2 - Yellow Buttermilk Cake (Gluten-Free)
Birthday Cake #2 - Yellow Buttermilk Cake (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease, and since then it has become an invaluable resource to people worldwide who seek information about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet.
In 1998 I created The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore! which was also another Internet firstâit was the first gluten-free food site to offer a shopping cart-style interface, and the ability for people to order gluten-free products manufactured by many different companies at a single Web site.
I am also co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
- Separate 5 eggs.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat 5 egg whites w/ 1 teaspoon cream of tarter until stiff peaks appear.
- In a large bowl, cream 5 egg yolks, 2 cups sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and ¼ cup applesauce.
- Sift two ¾ cup gluten-free flour mix with ¼ cup soy flour ( if not tolerated use and extra ¼ cup gluten-free flour mix) 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Add all ingredients alternately with 1 ½ cups buttermilk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until done.
- Use two 9 pans or one 9 x 14 pan.
- Make chocolate by adding baking chocolate or cocoa.
- Notes: it will be moister if the gluten-free mix is made from sweet rice flour.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).