- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Birthday Cake #2 - Yellow Buttermilk Cake (Gluten-Free)
Birthday Cake #2 - Yellow Buttermilk Cake (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I created The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
- Separate 5 eggs.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat 5 egg whites w/ 1 teaspoon cream of tarter until stiff peaks appear.
- In a large bowl, cream 5 egg yolks, 2 cups sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and ¼ cup applesauce.
- Sift two ¾ cup gluten-free flour mix with ¼ cup soy flour ( if not tolerated use and extra ¼ cup gluten-free flour mix) 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Add all ingredients alternately with 1 ½ cups buttermilk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until done.
- Use two 9 pans or one 9 x 14 pan.
- Make chocolate by adding baking chocolate or cocoa.
- Notes: it will be moister if the gluten-free mix is made from sweet rice flour.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).