- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Pineapple Cake (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Pineapple Cake (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Ann Sokolowski.
Preheat oven to 375--use 9 cake pan or 10 cast iron skillet
2 tablespoons butter
1 fresh pineapple
6 prunes, cooked & pitted
2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 ½ cups cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
Melt 3 T sugar & 1T butter in baking pan & stir until golden brown, coating sides & bottom of pan. Slice and core pineapple. Cook in small amount of water for about 15 min (or use canned pineapple). Arrange slices in bottom of pan, placing prune in center of each slice.
Beat egg yolks until thick, add 1 cup sugar, milk and cornstarch sifted with baking powder. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Pour into pan over the pineapple and bake about 45 min . Let cool 10 min and unfold onto plate. Pour over the following syrup: if using fresh pineapple, put peel in heavy saucepan (if using canned, use syrup), add 1 cup sugar & remaining 1 Tablespoon butter. cook until thick (should be about 1 ½ cups).
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).