- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Pineapple Velvet Cake (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Pineapple Velvet Cake (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
A double recipe makes a two layer (9) cake and 24 cupcakes! Frost it with a seven minute boiled icing.
oven to 350. Grease and (rice) flour a 9 X 13 pan or 2
9 round pans.
2 ¼ cups gluten-free flour mix
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon salt
a large bowl beat together:
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 Cup canola oil
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
Add flour mixture, alternating with
1 Cup pineapple juice
Beat well. Add 2 teaspoon lemon juice if desired. Bake 25-30 minutes for cake and approx. 15 minutes for cupcakes.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).