- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Rhubarb Coffee Cake (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Rhubarb Coffee Cake (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Joanne Rogers.
It is also very good with blueberries instead of the rhubarb.
1-½ cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups gluten-free flour mix (e.g., B. Hagmans)
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
2 cups chopped rhubarb
½ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Mix margarine and sugar together; beat in egg and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients followed by milk, then finely chopped rhubarb. Pour into greased pan then sprinkle mixed topping on top. Bake in 9x13 inch pan at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes. Half this recipe works well in an 8x8 inch pan.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).