Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Kids with Celiac Disease: A Family Guide to Raising Happy, Healthy Gluten-Free Children by Danna Korn
Danna Korn is the author of “Living Gluten- Free for Dummies,” “Gluten-Free Cooking for Dummies,” “Wheat-Free, Worry-Free: The Art of Happy, Healthy, Gluten-Free Living,” and “Kids with Celiac Disease: A Family Guide to Raising Happy, Healthy Gluten-Free Children.” She is respected as one of the leading authorities on the gluten-free diet and the medical conditions that benefit from it.View all articles by Danna Korn
A must-read survival guide for parents, friends, teachers, and caretakers.
Kids with Celiac Disease is a practical survival guide for families of children and teenagers with this lifelong digestive disorder. While it sounds as though it is only applicable to children with the condition, Kids with Celiac Disease is loaded with valuable information for people of any age - as well as for people on the gluten-free diet for reasons other than celiac disease. Written by the mother of a celiac child diagnosed in 1991, Kids with Celiac Disease is a compilation of 10 years of experience and research. Danna founded R.O.C.K. (Raising Our Celiac Kids) in 1991, and incorporated much of what she has learned from other parents into this book.
Kids with Celiac Disease includes:
- Practical suggestions for dealing with school, sitters, birthdays, holidays and other unique challenges
- Menu and snack ideas
- Emotional and psychological implications
- How to talk with friends and family
- Eating out at restaurants
- Travel tips
- Up-to-date scientific, medical and nutritional information
- A resource guide listing contact information for hundreds of resources that are valuable to anyone on a gluten-free diet.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease? How Lucky You Are! By Danna Korn
This article originally appeared in the Summer 2004 edition of
Celiac.... [READ MORE]
Finding Fun Gluten-free Treats for Kids by Danna Korn
I'm a big
believer in fun, especially when it comes to eating.... [READ MORE]
Deal With It; Don't Dwell On It: Learning to Live - and Love - The Gluten-free Diet - A Family's Story by Danna Korn
story began when our first child, a perfect baby boy, began
to get sick.... [READ MORE]