- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Heavenly Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Heavenly Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe was sent to us by Beverly Messner.
1 cup soy flour
¾ cup 100% corn flour (cornstarch)
1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup cocoa
1 ¼ cups caster sugar (extra fine sugar, but I used regular granulated)
150g melted butter (1 1/3 sticks or 2/3 cups)
1 tablespoon gluten-free white vinegar
1 cup evaporated milk
1 mashed banana
2 tablespoons raspberry jam
Grease two 8 round sandwich cake pans....line bases with baking paper. Sift flours, soda, cocoa and sugar into a large bowl and add butter, vinegar and milk. Beat with electric beater on low speed 1 minute, add eggs, banana and jam and beat on medium speed for two minutes. Pour cake mix into prepared pans. Bake in moderate oven for 30 minutes or until cooked. Stand cakes in pans 5 minutes, turn onto wire rack to cool. Sandwich cakes together with whipped cream.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).