- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Almost Cheeseburger (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Connie Sarros, author of the following cookbooks:
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Dessert Cookbook.
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Reduced Calorie Cookbook.
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Cookbook for Kids and Working Adults.
This one is from the just-released WFGF Cookbook for Kids and Working Adults:
½ lb. lean ground beef
1 teaspoon dried minced onion flakes
1 lb. gluten-free processed cheese, cut into cubes
¼ cup milk
1 Tablespoon gluten-free ketchup
2 Tablespoons gluten-free mustard
Have an adult help you brown the beef and onion flakes in a skillet that has been sprayed with a gluten-free nonstick spray, breaking up the meat with a fork as it cooks. Stir in the cheese, milk, ketchup and mustard; stir until the cheese has melted.
Note: Use as a dip with crackers, as a cheeseburger with gluten-free bread fingers as dippers, or as a main meal by serving it over boiled, gluten-free elbow macaroni.
Yield: 4 cups. Serving size: ½ cup. Calories: 266; Total fat: 17.6g; Saturated fat: 10.3g; Cholesterol: 75.6mg; Sodium: 923.9mg; Carbohydrates: 7.5g; Fiber: .1g; Sugar: 5.4g; Protein: 17.5g
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).