- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Italian Recipes
- Italian Chicken and Rice (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Italian Chicken and Rice (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Diane Wilson.
12 oz. Chicken breast, cut into chunks.
½ cup chopped onion
1 cup chicken broth, add more as desired
1 can diced tomatoes
1 ½ cups instant rice
1 can French cut green beans
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon cilantro or to taste
2 pinches basil
Spray skillet with cooking spray or use butter or oil. Fry chicken and onion 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in broth and tomatoes and spices. Bring to boil, stir in rice and beans. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, let stand 3 minutes covered. Serve with grated parmesan cheese if desired.
OR (my method): bake chicken, drain, cut into chunks. Cook rice in half broth, half water instead of all water in microwave. Mix everything is skillet and heat through. I dont use cheese topping.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).