- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- White Chicken Chili (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
White Chicken Chili (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Phyllis Chinn.
1 - 2 large onions, chopped
1 tablespoon oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 4-oz can chopped green chilis (Old El Paso brabd is GF)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
2 cans gluten-free chicken broth
3 - 4 cans great northern beans (Green Giant is a good brand)
Simmer 4 chicken breasts in water and seasonings until tender. or simmer in homemade chicken broth. Cool and cut or shred into large pieces.
Sauté onions in oil until translucent. Add the seasonings. chilis,
chicken broth and beans and simmer for approximately 1 hour, on low heat,
frequently. If too thick, thin with chicken broth or water. Add chicken and simmer about 20 minutes more. Serve topped with shredded Monterey jack cheese. Freezes well.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).