- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Coconut Pecan Frosting (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Coconut Pecan Frosting (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup sugar
3 egg yolks , slightly beaten
½ cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
Combine cream, sugar, egg yolks, butter and vanilla in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat , add coconut and pecans. Cool until spreading consistency , beating occasionally .
Makes 2 ½ cups or enough to cover the tops of 3 layers.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).