Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Pie & Pie Crust Recipes
- Cranberry Nut Dessert Pie (Gluten-Free)
Cranberry Nut Dessert Pie (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
Cranberry Nut Dessert Pie
This recipe comes to us from Harold Wolofsky.
1 Cup of gluten-free flour mix*
1 Cup of sugar
½ teaspoon of xanthan gum
¼ teaspoon salt
2 Cups fresh cranberries (could use Frozen)
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup melted butter or margarine
2 eggs, beaten
½ teaspoon almond extract
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt and xanthan gum.
- Add cranberries and nuts; toss to coat.
- Stir in the butter, eggs and extract.
- Spread into a greased 9 inch pie plate. If the mixture is too loose add a little more flour.
- Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center come out clean.
Good as is or serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream for that special dessert.
* Bette Hagmans Four Flour Mix (from The
Gluten-Free Gourmet Bakes Bread).
Garfava Bean Flour 2/3 part
Sorghum Flour 1/3 part
Cornstarch 1 part
Tapioca Flour 1 part
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Really Good Summertime Peach Crisp (Gluten-Free)
Okay, so it's still a little early for peaches, but peach season is just around the corner, and when it comes, one of my favorite things to make with peaches, especially early in the season, is a tasty peach crisp.... [READ MORE]
Apple Pumpkin Strudel (Gluten-Free)
Here's a fun n' tasty Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipe for Apple
Pumpkin Strudel that is quite unique from your traditional apple pie or
apple crumble.... [READ MORE]
Berries In A Cloud (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Joe Bacon.... [READ MORE]
Black Currrant Pie (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Betty Doubravsky.... [READ MORE]