- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Banana Pancakes (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Dawn Dutton.
Recipe makes 1 pancake, takes about 10 minutes to cook.
2 tablespoons Bette Hagmans Light Bean Flour Mix
Pinch salt - approx. 1/16 teaspoon
Dash baking powder - approx. 1/8 teaspoon (optional)
Pinch baking soda - approx. 1/16 teaspoon (optional)
Heat small non-stick skillet on med-high heat. Mash banana in a small bowl. Add all other ingredients; mix well. Spray skillet with Pam and add pancake mixture. Turn heat down to medium.
Cook pancake until bubbles form in pancake, and then burst. The bottom of the pancake will be dark brown. Flip pancake and cook until that side browns. Serve with maple syrup or gluten-free jam.
- The Light Bean Flour Mix is on Page 32 from Bette Hagman's The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy
- According to my calculations the pancake has about 240 calories.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).