- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Carrot Cake #2 (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Carrot Cake #2 (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Ann Sokolowski.
Preheat oven to 300F.
2 cups grated carrots - ½ lb.
1 cup raisins
½ cup honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
½ teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons gluten-free butter or margarine
1 ½ cups apple juice concentrate
2 cups cornstarch
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts
Place carrots, honey, spices, butter and apple juice concentrate in heavy saucepan, bring to a boil and cook over low heat for ten min. Allow to cool to lukewarm.
Mix together dry ingredients and stir into apple juice mixture. Pour into 2 small well-greased loaf pans (may use other sizes) and bake for 45 minutes bake at 300F degrees in a well greased pan. Even better, line pan with parchment paper.
Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz gluten-free cream cheese
1 lb. package confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon lemon extract
Combine all ingredients and frost cake.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).