- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Italian Recipes
- Focaccia Bread (Gluten-Free)
Focaccia Bread (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I created The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Dawn Baumgartner.
- Prepare the following: Put sugar in water and add yeast, set aside:
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Red Star rapid rising dry yeast (1 packet)
- Prepare the following: Whisk 6 ingredients below together and set
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix egg and olive oil together (below) and then add the sugar, yeast
water mixture from above:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add the flour mix and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Grease a 10 by 15 jelly roll an or a 9 by 15 flat cake pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Pour the dough into pan and spread (it doesnt really pour - just so you know--get out your favorite Pampered Chef spatula or one that doesnt stick to everything).
- Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil over dough and a dash of onion salt (optional) and the 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (I generally use more than 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese).
- Cover and let rise 20-25 minutes - Heat oven to 400F - bake for 20-25 minutes.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).