Fabulous Herb & Olive Loaf Bread (Bread Machine Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease, and since then it has become an invaluable resource to people worldwide who seek information about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet.
In 1998 I created The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore! which was also another Internet first—it was the first gluten-free food site to offer a shopping cart-style interface, and the ability for people to order gluten-free products manufactured by many different companies at a single Web site.
I am also co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
This recipe comes to us from F. Winslow.
- 1-1/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 teaspoons Authentic Foods Dough Enhancer
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ cups Glutano Flour Mix
- ½ cup Authentic Foods White Bread Mix
- Combine ingredients 1-6 and whisk thoroughly - youre done when it foams up.
- Combine Glutano Flour Mix and Authentic Foods White Bread Mix in a bowl.
- Place all wet ingredients (add the salt ) in bread machine and mix thoroughly.
- Start bread machine and add flour mix. Add flour as needed so that dough is firm enough NOT to fall back into the space created by the bread machine paddle.
For a hearty, herb/olive loaf, mix in:
2 teaspoon dry thyme
1/8 teaspoon savory
15 pitted, quartered, Kalamata olives
¼ cup grated parmeggiano cheese
Set bread machine for:
20 minutes knead 1
70 minutes rise 3
65 minutes bake
2 lb loaf
Get FREE Celiac.com email alerts (1-3 email per month with the latest celiac disease research and information, gluten-free recipes, etc.).