- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Chinese & Asian Recipes
- Pineapple Chicken (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Pineapple Chicken (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Valerie Wells.
Serves 8 to 10 people.
1 – 2 lb. bag of Trader Joes frozen chicken tenders (or substitute 2 lbs. chicken breasts).
1 large bag Flav-R-Rite Grand Gourmet Classics frozen mixed veggies (10 servings -- 32 oz.)
Cooked brown rice (about 2½ cups before cooking)
1 - 20 oz can crushed pineapple in its own juice
1 heaping teaspoon corn starch
gluten-free Soy sauce
Apple cider vinegar (optional)
Start rice in cooker. Preheat oven to 450F. Arrange chicken pieces (chicken breasts will work fine). Arrange in single layer in bottom of two 9 x 13 glass pans. Put pineapple & corn starch in blender, add other ingredients to taste. Blend to mix. Pour over chicken pieces. Bake 15 minutes at 450 then reduce heat to 350F and bake 30 minutes more.
While chicken bakes, steam or stir fry vegetables according to package directions.
Serve chicken over hot rice with veggies on side.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).