- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Great Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Great Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Jonathan Nichols.
1 ½ cup gluten-free chocolate chips
1 - 19 oz. can (pre-cooked) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
4 eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sugar or less to taste
1 tablespoon powdered sugar for garnish
In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (or in a double broiler on the stove). Combine the beans and eggs in a blender or processor, then add sugar, baking powder and melted chocolate. Blend until smooth. Turn into a nonstick single-layer cake pan. Bake at 350 for 45 min. or until a knife in the center comes out clean. Dust with powdered sugar when ready to serve.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).