- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Crock Pot Chicken Tacos (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Crock Pot Chicken Tacos (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Valeri Wells.
6 chicken hindquarters
2 cans gluten-free tomato sauce
Chili powder (one or two heaping tablespoons)
Jumbo hard corn taco shells
Fresh tomatoes, chopped
Grated cheddar or jack cheese
Cook chicken in crock pot with tomato sauce, salt & chili powder on low for about 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Gently lift out chicken pieces onto a large platter. With tongs, remove skin, bones & joint cartilage. You may want to break apart the larger pieces of meat with a fork.
Put chicken meat in an appropriate sized dish & add enough of the cooking liquid to almost cover the meat. Heat taco shells in 350F oven for 5 minutes. Fill with meat, lettuce, tomatoes. Top with cheese and season with your favorite taco sauce or salsa. Serve with refried beans.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).