Apricot or Pineapple Carrot Muffins (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
2 ½ cups gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon xanthan or guar gum
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons orange peel, fresh or dried
¼ cup brown sugar
1 cup walnuts, shelled
¼ cup water or rice milk
¼ cup olive oil
1 - 15 ounce can apricot in juice (or unsweetened pineapple)
4 large carrots
- Blend dry ingredients and nuts.
- Puree carrots and apricots and juice in blender or food processor (with orange peel).
- In small bowl, beat the eggs slightly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix by hand – do not over mix or muffins will be tough.
- Pour into muffin tin and bake at 400F for about 18 minutes.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).