- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Green Enchilada Casserole (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Green Enchilada Casserole (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe serves 3 to 4.
3 or 4 chicken thighs, simmered in salted water until very tender (about 40 minutes)
6 soft corn tortillas
1 - 12-oz jar salsa Verde (green salsa, I used La Victoria brand)
3 or 4 ounces crumbled or shredded white cheese (white cheddar, Monterey Jack or goat cheese)
Bone chicken and slightly shred meat with two forks. Stir in about 1/3 of the salsa to moisten and season the chicken. Spread a little dab of salsa on the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. (An oblong casserole dish with rounded ends works best.) Put a couple tortillas in the bottom of the pan over the salsa. Spread half the chicken mixture on top of that. Sprinkle with a little cheese. Add a couple more tortillas, the rest of the chicken mixture and a little more cheese. Lay on the last two tortillas, spread with remaining salsa and the rest of the cheese. Bake at 350F until heated through and a little bubbly (about 30 minutes).
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).