- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Alexander R. Shikhman, MD, PhD, FACR
Dr. Shikhman, CEO/Founder, Institute for Specialized Medicine, the nation’s first clinic for integrative rheumatology: www.ifsmed.com.
- By Alexander R. Shikhman, MD, PhD, FACR
- Published 04/9/2014
- Celiac Disease Diagnosis, Testing & Treatment (Gluten-Free Diet)
The human gastrointestinal tract contains approximately 1014 bacterial cells that form a unique, diverse and very dynamic microbial ecosystem also known as gut microbiota. The genomes of all intestinal microbes form the “microbiome”, representing more than 100 times the human genome.