- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Frozen goods: AMY's 'gluten-free' pizza...not gluten-free for me
- By Pete Jeno
- Published 12/12/2007
I am 38 years old,undiagnosed, but living gluten-free as much as possible. Mother and many of my sisters have it too. Even a few nieces/nephews. I'd love to use this site as a reference for eating out, as thats the hardest thing to accomplish. So I'll post as much as I find--domestic or international. Thanks to any info you all get on here too. It helps tons.
So, just putting this user experience out there and asking for your feedback. I have often gotten Amy's gluten free pizza (the plain rice crust/ Cheese one), and have gotten sick every time. (sick meaning: inflated, swollen, etc, followed by all the 'afterness' later.) I confirmed with someone else (they actually bought it up first), that they cant have this brand either.
For me though, and when at home, I'll stick to making it from scratch. What are your results? Is anyone having good or bad results using AMY's Pizzas? And thanks all. - Pete
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).