- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Going to See a Dietitian After My Celiac Disease Diagnosis
- By Nancy Kotlowski
- Published 07/1/2009
I am a 45 yr old working mom of 3 kids and a husband of 23 years who was just diagnosed with celiac disease. We both work full time, have 5 pets and a large house to keep up with. Finding the time to shop and cook for my family is time consuming and since the diagnosis it is even harder. I thought it would be cool to hear the other side of eating gluten-free and help out anyone in my position. Hope you enjoy the blog.
As soon as the diagnosis of celiac disease came, the doctor told us he would refer us to a really good dietitian. We were very excited to get in front of her because we had so many questions. As with anything else, the more information you get the more you need so you can filter through it all. I found out that the insurance would not cover it. The plan only covered a dietitian for a diagnosis of
Have a great day!
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).