- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
My Specific Carbohydrate Diet Favorites: Baked Pork Chops
- By Carol Frilegh
- Published 12/28/2007
I am 79 an undiagnosed Celiac, since March 2000. I had chronic sinus infections and fluctuating weight, lost 86 pounds, got pneumonia, and needed antibiotic and Prednisone. I also got MCS and Latex Allergy. Unable to eat without pain, I started The Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). Things began to improve at once. I am not cured but SCD has been effective in managing the Celiac and helped improve my damaged immune system. It is a bit stricter than the gluten-free casein-free diet.
2 boneless center cut pork chops
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup grape juice
1 red onion, sliced
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
3-4 sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 small bay leaf
2 tablespoons *Dijon Mustard
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon Rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350F
Preheat a large heavy skillet, and add the oil. Brown onions, garlic. rosemary , raisins and mushrooms in skillet, and remove to a dish. Brown pork chops five minutes on each side. Transfer the chops to a rectangular
Combine honey, seasonings and mustard and spread over chops. Pour on grape juice. Add raisins. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, basting occasionally. Cool slightly and slice into thin strips. Simmer pan juices until they reduce and thicken to desired consistency. Transfer slices to a serving dish and pour over pan juices.
* I use Orphee Organic Dijon Mustard. Use the legal brand appropriate for your celiac diet.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).