- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Prime Choice Foods Corporation Voluntarily Recalls Certain Lots Of Garden Of Eatin'® Multi Grain Tortilla Chips Due To The Presence Of Undeclared Wheat
- By Scott Adams
- Published 02/16/2011
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I founded The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
Consumers who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to wheat or soy run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
No illnesses or allergic reactions have been reported to date. No other Garden of Eatin’® products are involved in this recall.
The recalled products were distributed to food stores nationwide. The recall only affects the following lot codes:
- Garden of Eatin’® Multi Grain Sea Salt Tortilla Chips (9 oz). Unit UPC code # 15839-00795. Lot codes: 07MAY11, 08MAY11, 19MAY11, 24MAY11, 02JUN11 and 22JUN11
- Garden of Eatin’® Multi Grain Everything Tortilla
- Unit UPC code # 15839-00797. Lot codes: 08MAY11, 24MAY11, 25MAY11, 01JUN11 and 22JUN11.
- Garden of Eatin’® Multi Grain Blues Sea Salt Tortilla Chips (9 oz)
- Unit UPC code # 15839-00940. Lot codes: 08MAY11, 25MAY11, 26MAY11, 22JUN11 and 23JUN11.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered that product was packaged in the wrong bag, and the ingredient statement did not list wheat and soy.
Consumers who have purchased any products covered by this recall are urged to return them to the store of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions or concerns please call 1-800-434-4246, during extended hours from Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 9:00 pm EST and on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
This voluntary recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).