- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- By Kelly Fox
- Published 08/24/2011
My name is Kelly Fox, I am 37, and live in VA. I struggle to live gluten free, as we all do, and find an open mind, humor, and a willingness to experiment are what keep me going! If life is a box of chocolates, did everyone check the label to make sure there is no gluten added?
We all have those days where we feel down and wonder "why me?", but we can't let those days beat us down. In order to be healthy all we have to do is not eat foods with gluten. Too simple? Maybe, because it IS hard to do. Especially when we are accidently glutened.
We can however pull ourselves out of the why me funk, and realize that it could be worse. Here are some examples how:
- We could have horrific chainsaw accidents that leave us with no arms, and we wouldn't be able to feed ourselves at all! (Gee Kelly, you're so graphic!) But, it's true! that would be awful.
- Badgers could sneak in and steal ALL of our food! (Badgers? really? YES badgers!, sneaky little buggers.)
- Paris Hilton could
- You start to believe your family pets are plotting your demise. (Ok, this isn't a good one because I really do think my cat is trying to kill me, but that's another story)
- Your best friend could start a new hobby where she/he sits in front of you slowly eating cupcakes and giggling maniacally. (she/he wouldn't be your best friend for long I tell you that!)
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).