- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
BUI Natural Tofu Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Wheat in Their Shrimp Salad Roll and Vegetarian Salad Roll
- By Scott Adams
- Published 09/12/2011
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I founded The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
The salad rolls contain undeclared allergens as follows:
- Shrimp Salad Roll with the UPC 8 95467 00203 8 contains but ingredient statement did not declare Soy and Wheat.
- Vegetarian Salad Roll with the UPC 8 95467 00204 5 contains but ingredient statement did not declare Soy and Wheat.
The products are packaged in a tray with clear plastic
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered by Oregon Department of Agriculture that the Soy and Wheat containing products were being sold in packaging that did not declare the presence of Soy and Wheat.
This recall is being made with the knowledge of the Food and Drug Administration.
Consumers who have bought these products are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company directly at 503-803-3059 between the hours of 8:00-5:00 PST.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).